Job Title: Pre-Sales Consultant
Reports to: V-P Sales North America
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, US.
Benefits: Flexible benefits and share options
To work alongside members of the direct sales team and the global pre-sales team in the sales process, to create and drive revenue growth in target markets against a software licence and professional services quota, through both technical and marketing expertise.
- Marketing Experience – Ideally would have worked in a marketing or analysis environment and have a good understanding of marketing processes and techniques.
- Sales Experience - Pre-sales consultants should have practical experience in other client-facing/sales roles
- Internet Technologies – Ideally would have some experience in internet technology a basic knowledge
- Database Technologies – Ideally would have experience and skills in SQL server and / or Oracle or other main-stream RDBMS’. Also should have a basic understanding of data manipulation and database design.
- Demonstrate BlueVenn products and solutions in the most relevant manner to clients and prospects, to meet sales/client services objectives.
- Understand the prospect’s market, business strategy, issues and drivers, as well as the Intelligent Marketing technology strategy of BlueVenn. Link the two by applying BlueVenn technology to deliver measurable business benefit to the prospect and demonstrate how BlueVenn address these issues.
- A large part of a typical sales cycle is to conduct a proof of concept project; the pre-sales consultant is responsible for scoping and successful delivery of these projects.
- Design analytical databases to meet prospects business requirements.
- Deliver technical input to ITT and RFP requests
- Perform and document Discovery workshops with prospects to identify key requirements and benefits of a BlueVenn solution.
- Develop and deliver a business case with the prospect to identify the value of a BlueVenn solution.
- Articulate service and project delivery mechanisms to support sales processes.
- Engage prospects IT staff in discussions around the operational requirement and handle any technical objections.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of marketing strategies and approaches and how best to apply software solutions to improve those strategies.
- Develop and maintain demonstration platforms within BlueVenn to meet current business needs and marketing trends.
- Deliver technical support and input into the sales process.
- Gather and document technical scope requirements to support handover and any required business case to ensure sales and sales delivery.
- Participate in handover requirements to the implementation teams following successful sales engagements.
- Attend industry exhibitions as required by the business.
- Attend seminars, speaking events and investor relations meetings when required by the business.
- Create and deliver demonstrations at shows.
- Create and maintain suitable technical collateral.
- Suggest enhancements to products.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in technology, business administration or marketing 3-5 Years’ Experience.
- Broad Technology understanding, e.g. OLAP, Data Mining, SQL, Windows Server, RDBMS, CRM tools, VB.
- Experience for other marketing and /or analytics solutions such as Adobe Campaigns, Faststats, Tealium, Redeye, Redpoint, Emarsys, Blueconic, etc.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please send your CV, and a covering letter explaining why you're the right person for this role, to our HR Team at email@example.com. Please put the name of the role you are applying for in the subject line.
BlueVenn is a leading international provider of high performance Multi-Channel Marketing Software.
Our Intelligent Marketing Solutions provide marketers with the power to transform marketing performance more effectively and affordably. Intelligent Marketing enables the delivery of relevant, personalised and timely communications across multiple channels such as print, email, mobile and the web.
Companies benefit from our solutions by being able to shift from ‘broadcast’ marketing techniques, to genuine 1:1 relationship marketing methods, inspiring valuable customer loyalty.
Based in the Raleigh, North Carolina, BlueVenn operates internationally from in Europe, the US and Asia and through a global partner network of over 60 marketing service providers.
With a customer base of over 700 B2C and B2B customers including Manchester United, Domestic and General, Jimmy Choo, Estee Lauder and Axa Sunlife, our expertise with Intelligent Marketing Solutions spans a wide range of market sectors.